The Ministry of Construction has written to cities and provinces urging them to repair and rebuild aging apartment buildings there as the central Government has rolled out a loan package totaling VND15 trillion for housing investors.
The funding package, part of the Government’s socioeconomic recovery and development program for the 2022-2023 period, is aimed at supporting investors involved in social housing construction and apartment building rehabilitation.
An aging apartment building in Hanoi (Photo: VNA)
The renovation of old apartment buildings should be done quickly to protect residents and their assets before the 2022 rainy season, according to the ministry.
The provincial and municipal governments are tasked with checking and assessing the quality and condition of aging apartment buildings, and listing the buildings to deploy the renovation plan.
The local governments should set criteria and requirements for the selection of investors for the rehabilitation projects.
The cities and provinces were also told to arrange temporary accommodation for residents during the renovation period and map out a compensation plan.
As of the end of 2019, the country had seen some 2,500 apartment buildings deteriorating. These buildings, constructed before 1994, are home to hundreds of thousands of households.
(The Saigon Times)
- Real estate market is gaining balance: ministry
- HCMC proposes developing huge port in Can Gio
- Cycling culture promoted in large cities
- HCMC People’s Council approves VND24 trillion for Ring Road No. 3 project
- Hanoi to break ground on three metro lines by 2025
- Int’l consortium to detail out Can Tho City’s urban planning
- HCMC readies stations for public bike service
- Dong Nai seeks $180 mln for Long Thanh Airport road link